Friday, April 1, 2011

Devotionals

I receive daily devotionals from Proverbs 31 ministries.  I love getting these each day!  Over the past two days it is almost as if the writers were writing these just for me.  Here is a little snippet from the last two days, they have reminded me that we are being held in the palm of God's hand as we walk through this tough place!

No matter what current circumstances you find yourself in, with our Living God there is always a place of “thus far” waiting around the next bend. This is a place of celebration, praise, complete humility and gratitude before the Lord. I have discovered the hardships we go through are all worthwhile when we get to our place of “thus far.” From a grateful heart, we can pour our blessings back out to the Lord as we cry, “Who I am Lord, that you have brought me thus far?”

Dear Lord, forgive me when I don’t sit and take summary of Your tremendous favor in my life. Your blessings are far superior to anything this world can give me. Help me to remember my place of “thus far” when Your plan for my life leads me to another season that may be risky and cause me to walk by faith and not by sight. I offer this praise of thanksgiving to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen

and from the day before:

“And we know (we know it even if we don’t feel it) that in all things (even the ones we can’t even fathom being used for good) God works for the good. (He works for the good. Our job is to walk with Him day by day. His job is to work the good.)

Dear Lord, thank You for this hope. Thank You that You don’t waste our tears, our struggles, or those places rubbed raw from years of trying and failing. Once we do what You’ve instructed us to do, You always do what only You can do. I know You will bring good even when I can’t see it or feel it. And what a comfort that is to me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: